Wednesday, April 2, 2014

God's Favor For Our Writing

At the beginning of 2014 so many people were declaring their one word for the year. I didn’t have a “word” in January, but sometime in February I decided my word for 2014 is FAVOR.
Favor with and in my writing – every area of my writing. And, this is the year I will submit to an agent. I am determined! I’ll definitely need favor with that.

In Psalm 84:11 ESV, it says, “For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.” I know I used that scripture, along with several others, in last week’s blog, but it bears repeating.

God delights to bless us because, after all, we are his children. I pray God’s favor over many things, so why not over my writing. As God’s child, he is interested in everything that concerns me and interests me.

I am serious about this – so serious that at random moments throughout my day, and even sometimes at night before I fall asleep or when I awaken in the middle of the night – it is a whispered cry of my heart, sometimes accompanied by tears, “God bless and anoint the things that I write. Open doors for me. Motivate me to be productive with my time. Make my writing a blessing to others. GIVE ME FAVOR WHERE FAVOR IS NEEDED.”          


Moving forward one step at a time. God, I thank you for your favor in my writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment